[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
goldentaco.org • View topic - Star Wars - The Old Republic

Star Wars - The Old Republic

Public Forum

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic

Postby Hudson » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Hudson
Ewok

Postby Boba » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 am

Cool video. Too bad they sucked.
Boba
Storm Trooper

Postby Capital_Sin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 pm

They only made it to the 2nd line of defence? I expect better from us.
Capital_Sin
The Force

Postby Capital_Sin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Interesting new chance for getting into the beta for the game. If you haven't signed up to be part of the guild, you should do it, even if it's only for beta access

Capital_Sin
The Force

Postby Dub » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 am

Anyone know when this game is supposed to be released?
Dub
Imperial Cadet

Postby Sativa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Got to Beta test for 3 days last weekend. This game is excellent. The graphics are better than expected. The voice acting and story line stuff is awesome. The combat Is very similar to you standard MMO but seems a more engaging. The questing is a lot of fun. Although there is some elements of the gather this thing and kill 10 of these guys, the presentation makes it more immersive and less like a grind.

I played as a bounty hunter and was very satisfied with the character progression and depth. I didn't have enough time to get my spaceship but I did do a few group quests and some "Flashpoints" which are like dungeon instances with boss fights etc but they're related to the storyline. The group combat and flashpoints were really fun. The thing i found most enjoyable about the combat which was particularly evident in boss fights was the use of movement. Hiding behind objects, running from a boss when you get aggro etc. There is no standing in one spot hitting, 3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 4, 3, 3, 3.... etc.

I had a little experience with the crafting and weapon modifications. It has all the depth and complexity of any crafting system I've seen but the time spent seems more productive and you won't spend time traveling from node to node or herb to herb. While there are things lying around to scavenge or safes to crack, you can use people in your crew to complete gathering tasks which again, takes the much of the grind out of it. That said I expect the higher level crafting will still require effort to complete epic items. I don't get the impression it will be too easy. Another thing your crew is great for is selling your vendor trash for you. So awesome.. "Do you want your crew member to sell your grey items? They will be gone for 1 minute" Hell yes!

I did not experience a single crash or server disconnect but I did have to wait in a queue for about 10 seconds on Saturday night.

Considering my hardware I did expect better gfx performance. GTX480 and a quad core at 3.3 GHZ with 8GB ram. I would drop to around 20 fps in busy areas but mostly averaged 50-70. They still haven't implemented AA and I'm excited to see how spectacular it will looks when they do but I would expect that I should get 40-70FPS all the time even with AA on. I get 100+ maxed on BC2, 60-90 on Crysis 2 with DX11 and DXHR and I think at least Crysis 2 and DXHR have more demanding graphics than TOR. I expect performance will be substantially increased by release. All that said, I would play it now, the way it is.

I really only scratched the surface of what was available to me in the BETA but that small amount of exposure has me convinced that this game will definitely be worth the box price and at least a few months subscription if not a few years.
Sativa
Ewok

Postby Capital_Sin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:43 pm

Put that on the guild site buddy
Capital_Sin
The Force

Postby colmain » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:00 am

Nice writeup Sativa
Definition of Stress: The confusion created when one's mind overrides
the body's desire to beat or choke the living shit out of some asshole
who desperately needs it.
colmain
Ewok

Postby Sativa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 am

Can't put it on the guild site. I'm not supposed to talk about it :)
Sativa
Ewok

Postby Shortround » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am

Ha! We are hardcore on the taco.
Hokie religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid
Shortround
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tatooine's busiest port